Reading Time: 4 minutes
This is a list of activity recommendations for two days, one night in Figueres, Spain.
- Figueres, Spain
- Travel to Figueres from Andorra la Vella, a three hour trip.
- Stay at Duran Hotel, Figueres
At-a-glance activities per day
|Stayed at the Hotel Duran|
Enjoy sangria on a patio in historic old town
|Salvador Dali Museum, Figueres|
Day 1: Arrive to Figueres & walk around La Rambla
Arrive to Figueres from Andorra la Vella. Drop your bags off to the Duran Hotel. Walk around La Rambla and try out different sangrias and tapas from the local (but pricey) restaurants and tapas bars that line the boulevard.
Reserve tickets for the Teatro Museo Dalí as the museum is a popular school field trip site, attracting Spanish and French students alike. Enjoy dinner back at the Duran Hotel & Restaurant.
|Hotel Duran (and Restaurant): One of Salvador Dalí’s favorite restaurants in Figueres; many photos of him line the restaurant’s walls.|
|La Rambla (Boulevard) de Figueres: The boulevard runs through the historical center of Figueres.|
|Dalí Theatre-Museum: The main Dalí museum in Spain. The museum is actually a museum that Dalí had renovated to his surrealist taste. Inside experience three-dimensional installations and sculptures. Dalí is buried here.|
Who was Salvador Dalí?
A 20th century painter, sculptor, filmmaker, printmaker and performance artist. He is one of the most famous Surrealists.
What is Surrealism?
“Surrealist artists…seek to explore the unconscious mind as a way of creating art, resulting in dreamlike, sometimes bizarre imagery across endless mediums. The core of Surrealism is a focus on illustrating the mind’s deepest thoughts automatically when they surface.”
Day 2: Dalí Theatre-Museum & Dalí’s home in Cadaqués, Spain
In the morning visit the Dalí Theatre-Museum. Depart mid-morning for a guided tour of Dalí’s home in Cadaqués, Spain. Following the visit, depart for Barcelona.
Connect this itinerary:
- Spain in 5 Weeks — Country Itinerary
- Madrid, Spain in 5 Nights, 6 Days — Activity Recommendations
- Toledo, Spain in an Afternoon — Activity Recommendations
- Segovia, Spain in an Afternoon — Activity Recommendations
- Ávila, Spain in an Afternoon – Activity Recommendations
- Salamanca, Spain in 2 Days, 1 Night – Activity Recommendations
- Valladolid, Spain in 2 Days, 1 Night — Activity Recommendations
- Bilbao, Spain in 4 Days, 3 Nights — Activity Recommendations
- San Sebastián (Donostia), Spain in 3 Days, 2 Nights — Activity Recommendations
- A Road Trip from Northern Spain through French Basque Country
- Pamplona, Spain in an Day — Activity Recommendations
- Andorra la Vella, Andorra in Two Days, One Night — Activity Recommendations
Pingback: Europe Travel: Cadaqués, Spain in an Afternoon — Activity Recommendations – Engaged Abroad on February 24, 2020