This is a list of activity recommendations for a day in Segovia, Spain.
In This Post
- Segovia, Spain
- Travel to Segovia from Madrid, a one hour, fifteen minute trip.
- Stay in Old Town, Segovia
At-a-glance activities per day
|Walking Tour of Old Town|
|Vera Cruz Church|
Depart for Avila, Spain
Segovia’s UNESCO World Heritage site
Old Town of Segovia and its Aqueduct
The Roman aqueduct in Segovia, dating to A.D. 50, is remarkable due to its civil engineering prowess. The aqueduct remains in excellent condition and is centered in the Old City. The Alcázar, dates back to the 11th century, and the Gothic cathedral to the 16th century.
Day 1: Arrive to Madrid & settle in
Arrive to Segovia from Madrid. Drop your bags off to the hotel and walk to the Old Town Square. Walk from the Roman Aqueduct to the Segovia Cathedral and tour inside. Finish the tour with the Alcazar and return to Old City.
|Roman Aqueduct: The Roman aqueduct in Segovia, dating to A.D. 50, is remarkable due to its civil engineering prowess. The aqueduct remains in excellent condition and is centered in the Old City. The aqueduct spans 2,950 ft. and is 94 ft. tall at its highest point. There are 167 arches supported by pillars and its granite blocks are held together by balance, not mortar.|
|Segovia Cathedral: The last Gothic style Cathedral built in Spain. It has 21 cathedrals and a 288 foot bell tower.|
|Alcazar: This site, along with Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany, is rumored to have been inspiration for Disneyland. It was formerly a fort turned palace, dating back to the 12th century.|
Day 2: Wake up early, stop through Vera Cruz Church and depart to Avila
Vera Cruz Church: A Romanesque church outside of Segovia
Connect this itinerary:
- Spain in 5 Weeks — Country Itinerary
- Madrid, Spain in 5 Nights, 6 Days — Activity Recommendations
- Toledo, Spain in an Afternoon — Activity Recommendations
- Ávila, Spain in an Afternoon – Activity Recommendations
- Salamanca, Spain in 2 Days, 1 Night – Activity Recommendations
- Valladolid, Spain in 2 Days, 1 Night — Activity Recommendations