Reading Time: 4 minutes
If you are planning a trip to the Amalfi Coast, Italy, we recommend a stop off in Sorrento to learn how to cook the typical regional dishes of Sorrento and Campania.
Villa Ida is a beautiful property in the hills of Sorrento. The eponymously named company, owned and operated by a family who has deep ties in the Sorrento community, offers this venue for cooking courses, weddings and parties.
Begin the day by enjoying a freshly squeezed glass of orange juice, plum cake and coffee. As the instructors prepare the cooking area, laze by the pool and breathe in the aromas of the surrounding lemon trees and sea air.
Following breakfast, move into the cooking area to begin the lesson. You will prepare an appetizer, continue with a first and second course, and end with a dessert all made with locally sourced ingredients.
As you wait for the food to cook, enjoy a tour of the family’s wine cellar and try local cheeses.
Once the food is ready, dine by the pool, under the“ Pergolato” or in the cozy ”winter garden” by a warm fire.
Once you finish your meal, say goodbye to your new Italian friends and purchase any goodies offered in the shop.
In a different post, we will share additional things to do while in Sorrento.
Villa Ida Booking Details
- Cooking classes are offered twice a day: 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM or 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Minimum: 2 people; Maximum: 20 people
- An interpreter / hostess will assist all guests during the cooking lesson and will serve lunch at the end of the class.
A sample itinerary:
- 9:30 AM: Arrive to Villa Ida
- 10:00 AM: Begin preparing all courses on the menu
- 11:30 AM: Visit the wine cellar and try local cheeses
- 1:00 PM: Lunch
- Villa Ida Sorrento Home
- Corso Italia, 322
80067 – Sorrento (Napoli) – Italy
Pingback: USA Culture: Bringing a Taste of Italy to California – Limoncello Recipe – Engaged Abroad on January 25, 2020