Reading Time: 3 minutes
This is a list of activity recommendations for an afternoon in Cadaqués, Spain, where you’ll find Casa-Museu Salvador Dalí and gorgeous coastline.
- Cadaqués, Spain
- Travel to Cadaqués from Figueres, Spain, a forty minute trip.
- We recommend connecting this itinerary to our day two of Figueres, Spain itinerary; the below recommendations can be completed in a leisurely couple hours.
- Cadaqués is a lovely town and warrants a night. If you are pressed for time, continue on to Barcelona, Spain, a three hour drive.
Map of Locations
Day 1: Arrive to the Casa-Museu Salvador Dalí in Cadaqués
Arrive to Cadaqués from Figueres, Spain. Make your way to the Casa-Museu Salvador Dalí. If you have not already, purchase tickets and sign up for a time for a guided tour (the only way you can see the house). If your reservation time is not immediate, hang out at the nearby Cala de Portlligat (beach).
Who was Salvador Dalí?
A 20th century painter, sculptor, filmmaker, printmaker and performance artist. He is one of the most famous Surrealists.
What is Surrealism?
“Surrealist artists…seek to explore the unconscious mind as a way of creating art, resulting in dreamlike, sometimes bizarre imagery across endless mediums. The core of Surrealism is a focus on illustrating the mind’s deepest thoughts automatically when they surface.”
—Park West Gallery
Map of Locations
Casa-Museu Salvador Dalí: Where Dalí lived and worked from 1930 to 1982. The surrounding neighborhoods are a labyrinth of fisherman houses still in their original form.
Connect this itinerary:
- Spain in 5 Weeks — Country Itinerary
- Madrid, Spain in 5 Nights, 6 Days — Activity Recommendations
- Toledo, Spain in an Afternoon — Activity Recommendations
- Segovia, Spain in an Afternoon — Activity Recommendations
- Ávila, Spain in an Afternoon – Activity Recommendations
- Salamanca, Spain in 2 Days, 1 Night – Activity Recommendations
- Valladolid, Spain in 2 Days, 1 Night — Activity Recommendations
- Bilbao, Spain in 4 Days, 3 Nights — Activity Recommendations
- San Sebastián (Donostia), Spain in 3 Days, 2 Nights — Activity Recommendations
- A Road Trip from Northern Spain through French Basque Country
- Pamplona, Spain in an Day — Activity Recommendations
- Andorra la Vella, Andorra in Two Days, One Night — Activity Recommendations
- Figueres, Spain in Two Days, One Night — Activity Recommendations
Leave a Reply