Reading Time: 2 minutes
In this post we describe how we used a spreadsheet to track bookings made on various websites.
Review how we used Booking.com to find and book accommodations for our long term travels around the world.
In This Post
- Create a spreadsheet on Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, or Apple Numbers.
- Populate the sheet with your booking information.
- List cancellation and booking amendment dates.
- If you are keeping a budget, create a formula to track your costs relative to your budget.
- Add in a cushion for (unexpected) credit card transaction fees.
- Make your spreadsheet available offline and share it with your travel companions.
- Continue to update spreadsheet as you make bookings.
- Like this:
Create a spreadsheet on Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, or Apple Numbers.
Create the following columns:
- Number of Nights
- Dates of Stay
- Accommodation Name
- Accommodation Address
- Where the website was made (with hyperlink to the website)
- Total Cost of Stay – Denote the currency
- Cost/Night (Total Stay/Number of Nights) – Denote the currency