In this post we share photos from Natural Bridges State Park & Monarch Butterfly Natural Preserve.
In This Post
- Natural Bridges State Park & Monarch Butterfly Natural Preserve in Santa Cruz, California, USA
- Visitors can arrive by foot or car.
- By foot: Walk from the Santa Cruz Boardwalk to Lighthouse Field State Beach and continue another 1.8 miles onto Natural Bridges Beach.
- By car: For those who may want car accessibility from the beach, we recommend stopping the walk at Lighthouse Field State Beach and bringing your car along to the State Park.
Connect this itinerary
- Early Morning Walk in Santa Cruz, California
- An Afternoon in Capitola, California
- Los Gatos, California – Activity Recommendations
Natural Bridges State Beach
This family favorite beach also serves as a vantage point for “viewing shore birds, migrating whales…[and] seals and otters playing offshore” (California.gov, 2021). The tide pools, coastal scrub and grasslands, and native wildflowers are all inspiration for coastal California paintings and artwork.
Monarch Butterfly Natural Preserve
From mid-October to mid-February, Monarch Butterflies flock to this area as part of their annual migration. The preserve becomes a home for thousands of butterflies who use the eucalyptus grove as a safe respite during the fall and winter months.
Recommended Nearby Eats
- Cat & Cloud Coffee
- Humble Sea Brewing Co.
- Venus Spirits Tasting Room
- Cafe Brazil
Pingback: USA Travel: Los Gatos, California – Activity Recommendations – Engaged Abroad on May 5, 2021
Pingback: USA Travel: An Afternoon in Capitola, California – Engaged Abroad on May 5, 2021
Pingback: USA Travel: Early Morning Walk in Santa Cruz, California – Engaged Abroad on May 5, 2021