Reading Time: 5 minutes
In this post we share photos from Park Hyatt Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan.
This Tony Chi interior designed hotel is remarkable for its location, design, and overall feel; we could swoon over it all day. Park Hyatt Kyoto is a luxury hillside guesthouse located in the Higashiyama Hills (historic Kyoto). Guests have views of the Yasaka Pagoda and are just steps from Kiyomizu-dera Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage siteplace of reverence and spectacular photos.
With only 70 rooms, the sloped tamo wood ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows embody East-meets-West design, where artisanal craftsmanship using local materials accompany contemporary lines.
The Park Hyatt Kyoto is a nod to Kyoto’s artistic and cultural traditions, and a vision for hospitality and design.
- Park Hyatt Kyoto
- Address: 360 Kodaiji Masuyacho, Higashiyama-ku Ward, Kyoto 605-0826 Japan
- Construction and architectural detail; the hotel fits seamlessly into the neighborhood
- Kyoyamoto, Kyoto’s famed Japanese kaiseki restaurant
- In the heart of Higashiyama, famed for sophisticated traditions of ceramics, tea, sake, kimono, and ink-wash painting
- Steps from Kiyomizu-dera Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage site