Reading Time: 5 minutes
In this post we share photos from Grand Hotel Victoria Concept & Spa, in Menaggio, Lake Como, Italy.
Set on the lakeshore, the Grand Hotel Victoria is the crown jewel experience in the area.
Visitors, whether staying at the hotel or taking a day trip to Menaggio, can enjoy a leisurely drink on its front lawn sitting and dining area. The pool and lounge area are dreamy, and the spa may be the best in the world.
Consider making Menaggio as home base when in Lake Como due its natural beauty, proximity to other villages by ferry and luxurious hotel.
In This Post
- Grand Hotel Victoria Concept & Spa
- Owned and Managed by R Collection Hotels (Rocchi family), a Small Luxury Hotel of the World
- Address: Viale Benedetto Castelli, 9, 22017 Menaggio Italy
- Art Nouveau meets liberty neoclassic architectural style
- Easy transport via ferry to Lake Como villages like Bellagio, Varenna, Lenno etc.
- Glass veranda on Lake Como waterfront
- Many staff are local to Menaggio and have insight into the area’s history and beautiful locations
Getting to Menaggio
Most visitors arrive the the village by ferry and the Grand Hotel Victoria is the first building they see from the water. The hotel is within a short walk from the ferry dock and meters from central Menaggio.
Things to know about Menaggio
- Menaggio is a sought out destination on Lake Como
- It is accessible to other villages, including Bellagio, Varenna and Lenno (more photo journal posts to follow about these locations)
- Ferries shuttle visitors to and from each of these locations. Note that the ferries frequently run behind by 20-30 minutes and getting on the ferries (and corresponding timetable) can be slightly confusing.
- Menaggio to Bellagio — approximately 15 minutes by ferry and 4-8 Euros one way
- Menaggio to Varenna — approximately 20 minutes by ferry 4-8 Euros one way
- Menaggio to Como by taxi is approximately 1.5 hours and approximately 150 Euros
- Menaggio to Como by bus is 1.5 hours
- While the town of Como is easier to reach from Milan, consider booking your stay further into the villages that dot the lake. Ferries from Como to any of the known villages can take 2.5 hours on the “normal speed” ferry, and 1.5 hours on the “speed” ferry.