Reading Time: 4 minutes
In this post we share photos from Bellagio, Lake Como, Italy.
Bellagio is renowned for its picturesque landscapes, idyllic charm, and rich cultural heritage.
Known as the “Pearl of Lake Como,” Bellagio exudes a romantic ambiance. Its narrow cobblestone streets, enchanting alleyways, elegant villas and blooming gardens create a dreamy atmosphere that is perfect for couples seeking a romantic getaway.
With its roots tracing back to Roman times, Bellagio is steeped in history. The town’s historic center showcases buildings adorned with ornate facades, charming squares, and quaint churches. Exploring Bellagio feels like stepping back in time.
Consider visiting Villa Melzi Gardens, Villa Serbelloni, Punta Spartivento, San Giacomo Basilica, old town, and take a funicular ride to Montanaro while in town.
- Bellagio, Italy
- By ferry from other villages in Lake Como: https://www.cinqueterre.eu.com/en/boat-excursions
- From Menaggio: ~15 minutes // 4 kilometers
- From Varenna: ~15 minutes // 3 kilometers
- From Lenno: ~ 15 minutes // 6 kilometers
- From Como: ~45 minutes // 32 kilometers
Connect to Other Lake Como Locations
- Europe Travel: A Photo Journal of Grand Hotel Victoria Concept & Spa in Menaggio, Lake Como, Italy
- Europe Travel: A Photo Journal from Lenno, Lake Como, Italy
Recommended Places to Visit in Bellagio
- Villa Melzi Gardens: Located on the lakeshore, these gardens known for their manicured lawns, flowers, and serene atmosphere. Take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the stunning lake views.
- Villa Serbelloni: This historic villa is a true gem of Bellagio. Surrounded by lush gardens, the villa offers breathtaking panoramas of Lake Como. Explore its grand halls, art collections, and exquisite architecture.
- Punta Spartivento: Located at the tip of the Bellagio peninsula, Punta Spartivento offers panoramic views of the lake and the surrounding mountains. It’s a perfect spot for a peaceful walk and to enjoy the beauty of the natural landscape.
- San Giacomo Basilica: Visit the impressive basilica in Bellagio’s town center. Admire its beautiful facade and step inside to discover its ornate interior and stunning frescoes.
- Bellagio Waterfront: Take a leisurely stroll along the waterfront promenade and soak in the charming atmosphere. Enjoy the view of colorful boats bobbing in the crystal-clear waters of Lake Como, and stop by one of the waterfront cafes for a refreshing drink or gelato.
- Bellagio’s Old Town: Wander through the narrow cobblestone streets of Bellagio’s historic center. Discover quaint shops selling local crafts, explore charming boutiques, and savor authentic Italian cuisine in one of the traditional restaurants.
- Funicular Ride to Montanaro: Take a scenic funicular ride to Montanaro and be rewarded with spectacular views of Bellagio, Lake Como, and the surrounding areas. This short but thrilling journey offers a unique perspective of the region.