Reading Time: 6 minutes
This is a list of activity recommendations for a day trip around Lake Ohrid, Republic of North Macedonia. This post is connected to our post about Ohrid, a base for travels around the western part of Macedonia.
The Lake Ohrid region is a cultural and natural UNESCO World Heritage site.
In This Post
- The basics
- UNESCO Heritage: Natural and Cultural Heritage of the Ohrid region
- Map of locations around Lake Ohrid
- Black Drim Springs and Saint Naum (Sveti Naum)
- Lunch at Restaurante Ostrovo on the spring
- Boat ride through the Black Drim Springs
- Visit Saint Naum (Sveti Naum) Monastery
- Stop through the village of Peštani
- Bay of Bones
- National Park Galichica (Mount Galičica)
- Return to Ohrid
- Like this:
- Day trip around the Republic of North Macedonia side of Lake Ohrid.
- Lake Ohrid straddles the mountainous border between the southwestern part of North Republic of North Macedonia and eastern Albania.
- The lake and its surrounds make up the Lake Ohrid Region, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Drive from Ohrid around the southeastern side of Lake Ohrid to visit Saint Naum, Bay of Bones, and National Park Galichica.
- Most people get to Lake Ohrid from Skopje, Republic of North Macedonia or Tirana, Albania.
- We recommend hiring a private driver to take you around Lake Ohrid for the day. Negotiate a rate in advance.
Note that the itineraries that follow are based on an accelerated timeline for those looking to get a first look at the Balkans.
- Ohrid, Republic of North Macedonia in 4 Days, 3 Nights — Activity Recommendations
- Republic of North Macedonia in 6 Days — Country Itinerary
- Albania in 6 Days — Country Itinerary
- A Non-Schengen Area Europe Itinerary — 7 countries in 31 Days