Reading Time: 2 minutes
In this post we share the categories we include when we create our in-flight kit for travel with a family.
The idea of this kit is that it is lightweight and can be attached to your one-bag with your carabiner. The kit is purpose built to placed under your seat for easy access.
This is *not* a comprehensive one-bag packing guide. The goal is to avoid having to search for items in the depths of backpack in an overhead compartment mid-flight.
Types of Items for the In-Flight Kit
- Activities for kids
- Comfort items
- Diapering items
Activities for Kids
- Family Travel: What’s Inside Our Two-Year Old’s Busy Bag for a 14-Hour Long-Haul Flight
- Family Travel: What’s Inside Our Two-Year Old’s Busy Bag for a Four-Hour Flight
- Small stuffed animal
- Lightweight blanket
- 4 Diapers
- 1 packet of ~80 wipes
- Pack two set of clothes/ziplock bag for grab-and-go
- 1 pair of socks (in case kiddo pulls socks off)
- Garbage bag for the assorted items that somehow accumulate during the flight so you don’t have to wait for a flight attendant to come for individual food scraps, food packaging, paper waste etc.
- Alcohol wipes to sanitize tray tables, seats, items that fall on floor, hands
Post mortem notes: