Reading Time: 3 minutes
In this post we share photos from Filoli Historic House & Gardens, Woodside, California, USA.
Filoli Historic House & Gardens was built in 1917 as a private residence and was later turned over to National Trust for Historic Preservation in 1975 for the public to enjoy.
This stunning country estate sits on 654 acres in California’s northern coastal range. Visitors can spend an afternoon meandering through a 54,000 square foot Georgian revival-style mansion, 16 acres of exquisite English Renaissance gardens, a 6.8-acre Gentleman’s Orchard, and hundreds of acres of Natural Lands with 5 distinct ecosystems and a 1-mile Estate Trail (Filoli, 2023).
- Filoli Historic House & Gardens
- Address: 86 Cañada Rd, Woodside, CA 94062 USA
- Woodside is close to Palo Alto, Stanford University and can be accessed by San Francisco or San Jose International Airports.
- 16 acres of formal gardens; each season features different blooms. Check out Filoli’s Bloom Calendar to see what is currently blooming.
- 75,000 spring bulbs planted
- 54,000 square foot home representative of Georgian-revival style