Reading Time: < 1 minute
In this post we provide a suggestion for how to organize your trip if you don’t know how to start building your itinerary.
Tip: organize one activity & one meal for each day of the trip.
Whether you’re traveling alone, with a group of people with varied interests and tastes, or are not sure where to begin, having an activity and meal helps shape your day.
Why we recommend this approach:
- Each day of your trip you have something to look forward to
- Researching ahead of time gets you excited for the trip, knowledgeable about the area and creates potential for finding hidden gems along the way
- Planning ensures that your dollars are being spent wisely on activities, experiences and food that is worth the cost (be it large or small)
- Gets you out and about around town so you spent the entire trip in the hotel/accommodation if that is a preferred way of travel for people in your group
- For those who prefer a more restful experience, they will be more open to joining in because they don’t feel over-scheduled or trip run by an itinerary
- Creates spontaneity for those who like to wander about town
- Not too overwhelming for people who are ambivalent about planning
- At the end of the trip, you can point to specific things that you did, saw or tried