Reading Time: < 1 minute
This post provides guidance around arranging for childcare while on vacation.
Contact Your Accommodation for Trusted Childcare Providers
If your accommodation does not have a go-to provider, reach out to a local highly rated hotel and connect to their concierge service. They will likely have a reputable agency that provides high quality babysitters.
Contact Childcare Provider
Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Location where childcare will take place
- Address where childcare will take place
- 1st requested dates & time
- 2nd requested dates & time
- 3rd requested dates & time
- 4th requested dates & time
- Children details: Name, Age, Gender
- Child care considerations:
- Feeding expectations
- Diapering expectations
- Sleeping expectations
- Disability considerations
Confirm Fee Schedule & Policies
- Childcare provider background
- Agency business license
- View the provider’s licensing record
- How do they hire babysitters
- How do they handle communication with parents?
- Disaster/emergency reunification plans
- Individual child carer background
- Background checked
- CPR & First aid certified
- Known address
- Phone number
- How do they handle discipline?
- Base Rate: Cost/hour for one child
- Time minimums?
- Gratuity included?
- How & when to pay childcare provider
- Holiday rates
- Additional fees
- Additional child(ren)
- Midnight-8 AM (extended hours)
- Hours that exceed an 8 hour period (United States workday)
- Travel fee assessed to each assignment
- Requests with less than 24 hours’ notice
- Cancellation or schedule changes
- Additional requirements to make the booking