Reading Time: 5 minutes
In this post we share photos from a day spent at various wineries and points of interest in Yarra Valley, Australia. Situated just 30 minutes from Melbourne, the region’s cool climate makes it a wonderful place for wine, beer and cider production.
- Travel to Yarra Valley from Melbourne by private car for 34 kilometers / 21 miles / 30-40 minutes
- Rob Dolan
- Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery
- Tokar Estates
- Helen & Joey Estate
- Yering Farm (Apple Cider)
By Road – From Melbourne City to Yarra Valley (via Eastlink Tollway)
- Make your way onto the Eastern Freeway and travel towards Ringwood. The Eastern Freeway turns into the Eastlink Tollway after Springvale Road.
- If you have an Eastlink or Citylink pass, continue on the Eastlink Tollway and go through the Mullum Mullum tunnel – make sure to stay in the left lane as the turnoff is straight after the tunnel ends.
- Turn left after exiting the tunnel towards Ringwood.
- Turn left onto the Maroondah Highway towards Lilydale.
- Once past Lilydale, you can choose where in the Yarra Valley to explore.